We are committed to maintaining safe and healthy workplace practices to ensure that neither our Workers at work nor anyone else in the vicinity of the workplace is harmed due to our work activities.
Our goal is to try to eliminate all workplace injuries, incidents and illnesses because we believe that this will benefit
everyone involved. Where injury has occurred, we will work with the injured party to ensure, where possible, an early
and safe return to work.
We need active participation from management and Workers to make safety a priority in all of our work places.
Managers and supervisors will be the role models and leaders in this process.
Regal Tiling will:
1. systematically identify and control hazards and risks in our workplace and ensure our Workers have the right plant, tools, skills, and information to work safely.
2. involve our Workers and their representatives in developing and reviewing any health and safety processes
or activities that will benefit them.
3. induct new Workers, temporary staff, contractors, and subcontractors to ensure they understand our safety procedures and policies, and their own obligation to be safe.
4. train and supervise our Workers to ensure they develop the competency to work both safely and efficiently.
5. supervise our contractors and subcontractors as necessary to ensure they use safe work practices.
6. monitor our workplace to ensure our planned controls are effective and lead to a safer working environment.
7. accurately record all incidents involving injury, illness, harm, damage, or near-miss in our workplace, and investigate them with the goal of preventing the incidents happening again.
8. support a safe return to work for injured Workers, where possible.
9. develop and implement procedures for emergencies and evacuation.
10. maintain all plant and equipment to ensure it is safe to use.
11. provide Workers with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Personal Protective Clothing (PPC) appropriate to their needs.
12. expect all managers and supervisors to ensure our health and safety system functions well.
13. expect Workers, contractors, and subcontractors to take a fair share of the responsibility for their own safety and well-being while at work.
14. regularly review our health and safety systems as part of our goal of continuous improvement.
Our policy will always be to comply with the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, the Regulations made under that Act, and all appropriate and relevant Codes of Practice, Standards, and Guidelines that apply to our business.